Thursday, August 6, 2020

Discovery

"I don't know if there is anything wrong because I don't know how other people are." -- Barry Egan (Adam Sandler) in "Punch Drunk Love"

Last season (2019) I had been very tempted to take a year off from Atomic Football.  There was a lot going on in my life, and I desperately needed a break.  However, being the hopelessly persistent and committed person that I am, I pushed through.

This year (2020), my need for a break has easily doubled, and, as fate would have it, I was offered up a pandemic.  Not what I had in mind, but life can be funny-sad that way.

So, I get my year off.

For people around the world, the accelerating pandemic made April a month like no other.  For me, however, the most life-changing part of that month had nothing to do with a virus.

But it did have something to do with a diagnosis.

And suddenly, I learned that 98% of humans are not like I thought they were.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just curious if you all will have predictions for the 2021 season after the hiatus last year? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to pry into your life, but your cliff hanger has me wanting to know what happened and what made you see 98% of people differently. I hope you are ok. Thanks for the predictions through the years.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim

We worked together briefly, perhaps 10 years ago. When you found out I was interested in football, you were kind enough to spend time with me explaining your algorithm, and I have been watching and enjoying your site since then.

I very much hope you are doing well. A simple 1 or 2 line update would be a great relief.

- Jeremy